Labels

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day Fourteen...Oh, No He Didn't!

Isn't it one of those crummy feelings in life when you already have pretty low expectations of someone and they go and shatter that glass floor? 

I won't go into details...it sucks, all the way around.  I'm pissed, even when I should just let it roll off (and I will, but for the moment, it's truly a slap in the face).  I will say that actions like these just go and confirm again and again that I'm doing the right thing, as hard as that thing is to do while I'm in the thick of doing it.

A word to the wise for my younger, unattached female friends: a pretty face rarely makes a pretty man.  It's cliche, I know, but you make sure the character of your potential beau is up to your standards....or you will spend years regretting it.

Tonight, I could let this crawl under my skin and fester, but I'm not...I'm gonna drink some lemonade, find a great stand-up on Netflix, and laugh my way to sleep....because I deserve it.  That cloud of negativity and drama can find someone else to hover over....this woman is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment