Labels

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day Twenty-Nine...Sweat Shop...


 The weather man said it was supposed to cool down today.  The weather man is a liar.

I had watched the weather reports diligently to try and find a cooler day to knock out the rest of the sofa reupholstering job...and I was just running out of time, so I had to do it.  I did finish the cushions on both halves and the bronze tacks on one half, and I was literally pouring sweat the entire time.  In fact, when I had to run to the store, I showered with completely cold water, washed my hair, and my hair never dried the rest of the day.  Pretty gross huh?  Uuuuugh.

However, I do have a new-found respect for people who do this type of thing as a vocation.  It's very hard, very frustrating, and very time-consuming...to me, the pay-off is that I'm saving approximately $720 by doing it myself (although it's obviously not professional quality, but it'll do) rather than having it reupholstered in a shop.  Without further ado, my work thus far:


 The cushions are a bit lumpy in front...they'll either flatten out with a little use or I'll get a great throw :)  You have to understand that I was working with a cushion that had been severely chewed up by an anxious pup.

















Hammering in one bronze tack at a time is mind-numbing work.


So, even after the best of planning and listing and preparing, I'm feeling a bit of panic set in.  I have nine days left, and now because the sofa took much longer than anticipated (with breaks for dizziness and hydrating due to the ridonkulous heat), many of my tasks on the list from today have been pushed to tomorrow....so now I have double the work tomorrow.  Definitely getting nervous about getting it all done in time.

On top of the task list that seems to be growing rather than shrinking, I'm also getting nervous about the funds....I've posted quite a bit of stuff on craigslist and almost none of it is moving.  I'm going to be posting refresher ads, but it's getting down to the wire.  Trying to keep a positive outlook that it will come through in time...I've gotten so close to raising/saving all the money...I do have my rent for August, but I don't yet have the prorated rent for July and gas/food money for those few days until the first. Kiiinda sweating bullets.

Alright, I'm exhausted and frustrated, so I'm hitting the sack early and hoping to get an early start and barrel through everything and at least get caught up on the list (if not ahead....wishful thinking...).  'Nite.



No comments:

Post a Comment