Labels

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day Thirteen...Anxiety, Separation of His and Hers...

So I'd already been packing our stuff separately, but today, as I packed a big box with his framed Navy documents, dozens of video games and wrestling DVD's, I thought about how, at least on the surface, it's easy to reduce people to their possessions.  My boxes are full of books on every topic from politics to religion, healthy meals for kids, fun ideas for toddlers, feminist thought, philosophical theory, and random novels, crafting and sewing supplies, organizational/office items, and tons of packs of cards (I love stationary)....basically, there was no item where I wondered, "Is this his or is it mine?"   I think that's telling...maybe I'm wrong, or reaching, or reading too much into it, but I'd think that a married couple would have at least some of the same interests leading to mutual ownership of certain things, like books.  Not the case.

Anyway, he's coming into town tomorrow to get his things, wrap up his business here, and drive his car out to Kansas with Prince and Princess (two of our dogs).  We're sitting down together to tell the kids officially, although I'm sure they've surmised about as much as young children can with him already having been gone for seven weeks without explanation.  I am hoping and praying that it will be a smooth five days with no major blow-ups or arguments, and that we can get the papers signed and certified as quickly as possible so neither he or I have to drive back to VA anytime soon.

Still majorly stressed about finances and getting a job as soon as possible after moving.  Child support is a dubious wish at this point, so until he gets a job, I've got to find a way to make ends meet.  I don't doubt I can do it, but it's going to be tight for a while.

Now for some quality snuggle time- Callie is sleeping and curling up next to my arm, so my snuggle duties await.  Here's to lots of rest for a smooth day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment