Labels

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day Fifteen...Battle of the Sexes

So today was rough, but much, much less than yesterday, and for different reasons.  He apologized for his initial outburst of temper, we talked through his frustration of feeling that it's "suddenly" over [when to me, it's been over for months, maybe even years], and had a decent day.  Had to take his car to the shop, and he insisted on cutting the grass....which, I don't know, irked me.  He assumed because I was a delicate wittle female that I "couldn't" cut the grass, and the truth is, temps around 100 degrees made me decide not to do it.  I've cut the grass here most of the time we've lived here....I'm quite capable of doing it.  I'm also capable of having a heat stroke, which I don't want to do.

Anyway, other than the minute details like that, it was an OK day.  Hard to talk about the beginning of separate lives, and in his characteristic style, he's now turned to a somewhat joking tone about it, which I guess is better than the alternative.

So all in all, a better day than I was expecting last night....maybe we can be friends after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment