Labels

Monday, March 11, 2013

the year of epic

Just in case anyone's wondering, this will be my year of epic.  Last year was a tough year....separating, moving two states away, making new friends while getting used to being a single mom, feeling like I was fighting tooth and nail for everything.

This year, it's settling down and the fact has snuck up on me and whacked me in the head that I'm THIRTY ONE YEARS OLD. There's a lot I still want to do before I reach forty (or fifty...or sixty).  There are things I've wanted to do since I was sixteen that I've kept putting off and finding reasons not to do.  So, in no certain order, here are the things that are on my 2013 bucket list:

- Rock climbing.  Take some classes, get some gear, and get out there and climb a mountain (also found a place that has kids' summer camps in case Grayson wants to come along).
- Road trip with friends: two possibilities coming up: Asheville with friends from NYC & Bonnaroo in June....more so than specifically road tripping, making lasting memories with good friends- living life while I can.
- Get paid to write, as in, make an actual income (recurring) from writing.
- Living vegan (we're there! Threw out the last dairy in the house last week....now to see how long it lasts!)
- Be a better mom.  That's a constant.  There are always ways I can be better.  Listen more intently. Research things like religion, social issues, etc. to give them better answers.
- Slow down and take time to appreciate everything.  This began well with my gardening last year...nothing makes you slow your roll like watering a garden bed at twilight in a cotton skirt with bare feet in misty grass...it's pure heaven. I've made my balcony here a peaceful oasis with some plants, bird feeders, wind chimes, so I can enjoy the evenings in quiet.


I hope this is the year of epic, and I hope you all join me in making it so!  Comment with your goals for this year and those to come!
~m

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im going to Bonnaroo in case thats your road trip choice we can car pool and be tent neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude...shut up! For real?!?! I'm mega excited now....when you bought your tickets did they assign tent spots or if we carpool can we be guaranteed to be neighbors? Cause that would be awesome. I'm excited now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to go in together to.be neighbors. They direct you to spots when you get there unless you choose vip tent city. I just chose regular camping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet...send me an email..msmelrichard@gmail.com..and let me know when y'all are going and whatnot so we can work this out. :)

    ReplyDelete