Labels

Saturday, March 16, 2013

It's that day.....it's a bad, bad day.

I remember once, there was an ice storm in Columbia. Being young and dumb, Lee and I borrowed Cember's car, drank some PBRs, then drove around really slow all night, watching the blue pop of transformers blowing and the eerie glow of the ice in the trees through the city lights. We listened to Jimmy Eat World on repeat. We talked a lot, but it got quiet and this song came on, and you remarked, "I wonder if this song will still be around when I die so they can play it at my funeral?"

It's still around. I'm sorry.

Probably shouldn't have listened to this today. That nights is one of my most vivid memories with you. You wore a blue jean jacket and that beanie. Sometimes I just want to tell you I'm sorry and hear your voice saying, "It's OK..it's OK." like you would do. One time after a fight, you went down to the corner bar and came back an hour later, still stone sober, put on Jimmy Eat World, and sat on the couch looking at me. We both knew what was happening. All of it hurts, even now. You changed who I am, who I became. I could never thank you enough for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snyk8vQD3Vw&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TL92MLpSaLmhw

No comments:

Post a Comment