Labels

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day Three...Energy Returning, Test of Friendships...

So today I felt much more like myself and was able to plow through the boys' room (a feat made much easier by how clean the boys had kept their own space).  Cleaned out Callie's room (which was significantly messier), packed up a few large tubs of their winter clothes, took apart Grayson's bed and aired out the mattress, moved bed pieces and mattress to Callie's room (her room is where everything is getting "stored" so I can fully clean the other rooms, as her door has a straight shot to the front door....easy unloading on moving day.

And more importantly than checking off Day 1 on the work list was having the help of a friend.  Only lately am I discovering that so many people who claimed to be suuuch good friends and they haven't offered to help a bit.  Any so-called "friend" can go out for drinks with you, but someone to chat with you while walking around Wal-Mart, someone to sit with you and help sort kids' clothes into piles of winter/non-seasonal, too small, and currently wearing....those are the real friends.  And so it's sad and frustrating that for all I've reached out to those around me and tried to help others, there are so few standing by to return the favor.  Perhaps this is just another sign that it's time for me to get back to my roots and back to those friends who have been there for me for at least 12, 15 years and will definitely come over and help.....but to those here who have come to my aid....THANK YOU.  It's not just the physical help you provide, but the conversation and sheer humanity of having someone physically there to share with.

So I'm hoping to get better sleep tonight- I've taken more sinus medication and maybe this will be the night of the elusive eight hours....we'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment