Labels

Friday, June 29, 2012

Day Nine....Sweltering Heat

So today...not much got accomplished.  It was over a hundred degrees here, so the kids and I hunkered down in the one room of our house that has working A/C.  I ventured across the hall to pack up the rest of the books on the bookcase and did two loads of laundry (which is all the laundry, including towels and sheets, that we have left unpacked in the house) before scurrying back to the coolness of the A/C room.  The kids were kind of going stir crazy until we started looking for all the online games we could find, so that occupied them most of the day.

Tomorrow will be a doozy...my car still won't start so now I'm getting to the end of the groceries and stuck at home with no way to the store, so I struck out on Facebook trying to find a ride to Advance Auto to either get my battery charged or buy a new one.  Everyone's either working or out of town, so it was one of those tense moments, one of many lately....until a friend came through for me (thank you Chris!).

But on the flip side, the owner of the condo has replied and some friends of mine are going to go to the showing for me (so if I don't like it, I can blame them...LOL).  I've already seen pictures of each room, but they're just going to make sure there's not something I haven't seen.  After that, I'll be getting it locked in so I can at least have that concern out of the way and I can schedule the move, call and get all the utilities turned over to my name, reserve a U-haul, and mentally prepare myself for leaving Hampton Roads (which I've tried to do already, but it's been hard).

So today was heat, headaches, and hassles, but it's another day down, so I can keep on plugging and moving forward.  Looking forward to a break in these crazy temperatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment