Labels

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day Six...Lack of focus...sleeeep..

So this was an insanely productive 24 hours (rather all over the place and random, but productive nonetheless) but it caught up with us....last night, Callie couldn't sleep so she sat up with me while I sewed and tacked on the new upholstery on the sofa.  I was too tired/delirious to sew the cushions and I didn't want to mess them up, so I put them off a day.  So instead, today I spent packing everything I could get my hands on...toys, books, etc....in between sleeping, that is.

The kids and I went back to bed a total of three times (we'll, we're heading back for our third time now) today.  Whatever my cold/sinus issue is was really kicking in hard today, I assume from pulling out books, records, and toys, plus I was exhausted from the sofa job last night, so we catnapped throughout the day.  The kids seem to be as tired and cranky as I am today, so hopefully a good night's rest will do us all some good and make us cheerier in the a.m.

I keep scrolling through Facebook and noticing that, due to these algorithms, I really only see news or updates from my Hampton Roads friends...a very few SC friends trickle through.  So I'm wondering how to begin changing that so I won't be out of the loop locally when I move?!  I'm intentionally clicking on those friends' updates more and more so maybe Facebook will get the clue...otherwise, I'm going to be perpetually jealous of what's going on in Hampton Roads and missing out on everything in SC!

I think more than the worry about Facebook updates is worrying about "fitting in", about really connecting with people there on the same level that I've connected with people here.  A problem that seems to begin and kindergarten and ...never...ends...*sigh.  Well, if I don't fit in, I at least hope that my children will make a good transition to their new school and new friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment