Labels

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cheap dinner...

So I had someone ask me for the recipe to dinner tonight...LOL! It's just an easy casserole that's cheap, healthy, and fast. Here's dinner tonight:
1 package stuffing: ~$1
1 can mixed veggies: ~$0.69
1 can cream of mushroom soup: ~$0.99
4 chicken tenderloins: ~$2.00

Prepare the stuffing according to box directions. In small casserole dish, mix drained can of veggies, chicken (cut into 1"chunks), and cream of mushroom soup. Also, mix in half of stuffing. On top of this, spread remaining half of stuffing. Bake, covered, at 400 for 30 minutes. Uncover and broil on HI for about 5 more minutes, until stuffing on top is crispy and browned. Serves 4 or 5.

Now tell me how you can feed a family of four or five for about $5.00?

My dad made casseroles a lot, and now I know why! They're cheap, easy, and yummy! Callie loves them. Anyway, today was a great day...got my transcript so I'm ready to start @ ODU now....nervous, but ready.

Well I have to run...Callie's harassing the cat again.

1 comment:

  1. I tried your dinner! It was a winner everyone loved it and now we are waiting for another recipe to try. We will be waiting.

    ReplyDelete