Labels

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

I wanted to write this morning because I probably won't get a chance later today. We've got to get off to church at 1030, and then after church we're running home to change and then meeting Janet and Christian at the zoo. They're having military appreciation day, so all military families are FREE! I'm so excited! Callie loves it, and my favorite part is the big giraffe exhibit with the deck that takes you up to their head level...lol. Callie's favorite part is the hippo, or at least it was the last time we went.
I've gotten on Facebook after receiving the fourth email inviting me from somebody or other. So I finally signed up and now I'm talking to people I haven't talked to in almost a decade...it's pretty insane! I got a message from Marybeth Johnson this morning...crazy! I haven't seen her since high school. I'm trying to get my mom to join, because I'll post new pics of the kids all the time (like this one of Callie in her new puffy vest Daddy bought her last month that she's been dying to wear and it was finally cool enough).
Oh, if anyone has advice on AT&T Razr cell phones acting up, I'd appreciate it. My phone has been perfect for the past year, and suddenly it doesn't get signal...anywhere. My friends have been calling and just get a busy signal or as soon as I open the phone to answer it, the phone turns off and back on. In fact, here's a pic I took when I was attempting to connect to my Bluetooth to send Logan a pic of John (it's weird that a picture I took by accident turns out better than when I'm posing for a photo...): And here's the pic I was attempting to send...John was mad because I ran out of his diapers and had to put one two sizes too big for him and it was bunching up when I took this photo: Anyway, I've been meaning to post pics of our Saturday walk...every Saturday, we go downtown and walk...we have a route: we start at the coffeehouse (A Latte) where I'll get a frappe or a smoothie and Callie gets ice cream (and lately, a banana, because the owners have come to know her as "Monkey Girl" and give her a banana every trip!), then we walk down Freemason to the Market where Kelly has a wine tasting every Sat from 12-3 and we sample 2 or 3 new wines and she teaches us about them, then we stroll down to Town Point Park where there's usually a festival of some kind going on, then on to McArthur Center or perhaps the Gallery of artists, then home for a Saturday snooze while Logan cuts the grass. Of course, recently I've been going alone since Logan's out to sea, but it's a tradition so I just go alone with the kids. Thank goodness we have a double stroller! I was SO looking forward to my parents coming on our walk with us, but they had to cancel their trip here. Logan and I are extremely disappointed...we were looking forward to it so much, and we had already told the kids Grandmama and Grandaddy were coming. Logan gets the feeling that my parents will only come see us if they have absolutely nothing else to do that week, like visiting us is a last resort, but I've told him that Travis still works and he can't just not go to work so my parents still have to honor his work obligation. I do wish they could visit more often, though.
Well, it's off to get the kids and myself dressed and off to church!



No comments:

Post a Comment