Labels

Monday, November 2, 2009

Navy wifedom...

Yeah, so it doesn't get better with time...every time he has to go out to sea, it flat out sucks. I mean, a part of it is that I have to do everything by myself....the laundry, the cleaning, the dishes, the kids, the cars, the pets, the bills....everything....I mean, Jami definitely helps me out, but more than that, I don't have someone to come home to and tell my problems to. I don't have someone to sit with me and watch Criminal minds and tell me how cheesy my FBI/cop shows are. I don't have someone to tell me my dinner is yummy or that he loves me, and that stinks. To everyone who thinks the military doesn't sacrifice, or that their families don't sacrifice, you should walk a day in our shoes. Logan and I laugh at that show Wife Swap when they have to be apart for 2 little weeks and they are crying and about to lose their minds being apart from their spouse for that long....and it's only 2 weeks. Try eight months... been there, done that...with a newborn. I'm just hoping with Grayson's birthday party and getting ready for Thanksgiving that it will go by fast.

Anyway...it's such a Martin Sexton/ Johnny Cash type of day. Grey...overcast...chilly, perfect for curling up with a spiked mulled cider and reading some Plath or Poe, all gloom and doom in their delicious poetic words. Mmmm, to have one day with a babysitter who has the kids at her house and I have some good book, some warm drinks, and an appointment at the salon.....aaaahhhhh....a girl can dream (and use excessive ellipsis...ten bucks to anyone who counts them...I know I have a problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment