Labels

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dinner

OK, whooooah. I was VERY disappointed with the dinner plan. First of all, it took me over an hour to prepare a meal just for myself, so I had to juggle making 3 intricate dishes for myself and also dinner for three kids. It was NOT fun, and I will NOT be doing it every day...no way. Way too many pots, pans, and dishes to clean.

And then the recipes....unless I was doing them way off base, which I do not think I am considering I bought exactly the right ingredients, carefully measured and cooked....and they weren't very good. The Roasted Red Pepper Soup, which I was SO looking forward to because I'd had one in a restaurant previously that was divine, was not so good. Tasted like warmed-up V8 juice. I think much less celery and tomato could go into the recipe to make it taste more red-peppery. The lemon-dill sauce came out way too tart and did not thicken up right.

The dinner was supposed to consist of red pepper soup, salmon, lemon-dill sauce, asparagus, and rice. I was so exhausted I didn't even get to the salmon! So I put the lemon-dill sauce on the asparagus and that was decent. The rice was the best part of the meal...LOL.

Maybe this meal plan works because you don't eat your whole meal because it doesn't taste too great. Maybe I am just so accustomed to eating the fats and salts and all that it will take some time to get adjusted to the taste of all the vegetables.

Hope tomorrow's meal plan goes better, otherwise I will cheat big time, more for convenience than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment