Labels

Monday, October 19, 2009

Finally I can get back to blogging

I finally feel like everything has settled down enough so I can get back into my daily routine, one item of which is writing. So you readers get to be my guinea pigs as I start to try my daily writing routine and see how you like it. Sometimes it may not be interesting, and sometimes I'll just be writing about my kids and nothing else, but at least I'll be writing something.

OK, so since my last appearance in January, my ex-husband passed away, I [finally] got back custody of my son and we are [finally] one cohesive family unit. Logan came home from deployment, and I started my Fall semester at ODU and took the LSAT for law school. I made a pretty decent score and now I'm looking at law schools, and I won't saw where for fear of retribution. The fact is, one law school in SC is probably not feasible for me to get into and the other is crazy expensive. If it works out, good. If it doesn't, it doesn't...so sue me.

I can't wait to be done with my undergrad and on to bigger and better things. Since some of the classes I am taking this year were unfilled freshmen level prerequisites, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels a little, and the sad part is...I'm making the worst grades in those classes! Because I don't like them! How stupid is that? I'm trying to buckle down but it's hard with three kids, their school schedule, my husband's crazy military work schedule, and trying to maintain the household...it's totally cuckoo for cocoa puffs in my house, 24/7.

On a side bar, what's the deal with college students wearing black? Black jackets, black jeans, black shoes, black scarves, black glasses...we get it already....our campus is starting to look like some retro-sad beatnik invasion of coffeehouse geeks circa 1993.

Back to what I was saying, hopefully I will find that magic mastery of organization and scheduling which will allow me to finish my undergrad with flying colors and get into some of the law schools I am DYING to go to (hello... CUNY!). It would be sad if I didn't get into a good law school because of laundry, seriously. I've been thinking of cutting the kids' wardrobes down to 14 shirts and 14 pants each, that all "go" together, so I can do laundry once a week and they will always have clean, matching clothes. Thoughts?

Gotta run to class. I screwed up on the syllabus and did next week's assignment for today, so at least I'm ahead (albeit unintentionally)...as Forrest Gump says, one less thing.

1 comment:

  1. When you start doing your applications, I think you will find our site helpful.

    www.lawschoolpodcaster.com

    ReplyDelete