Labels

Friday, October 23, 2009

So much to do....so much to say

Anyone who can reference the song lyric in my title gets extra credit.


Anyhoo, Logan and I are doing the big clean out this weekend. I'm looking at several law schools that fit what I want to do and some happen to be in New York. Not New York state, like upstate, Buffalo...I'm talking downtown, subways, beatin the street in the concrete jungle. I'm stoked. BUT we have to de-clutter our lives BIG time. I'm also applying in NC, SC, VA, GA, etc...lots of places. Either way, there is a move in the imminent future.

The kids each have a toy box, then we have a vertical Ikea toy storage unit...all packed and overflowing with the plastic atrocities our kids call toys nowadays. It's too much, too too much STUFF. So we've convinced the kids that we will keep their ten favorite toys and all the rest will go to charity by way of the local Ronald McDonald house. Same with their clothes: we're downsizing their little diva wardrobes to some necessities and staples, like jeans and cords, that will wear wellf or a long time.

Don't feel sorry for my kids...Logan and I are doing it too. I've already gone through my clothes and got ready of anything I haven't worn in six months (seasonal exceptions) or is one of those sizes I keep "hoping" I'll get back into. I figure if I ever do get back in that size, I'll go buy myself new clothes as a reward for shedding the weight. So I am down to 1/2 of the closet bar of hanging clothes and 2 drawers of clothes and 1 drawer of underthings and PJ's. Logan has got to let goooo of those size 34 khakis, but he's holding strong. But then again, men usually can lose weight fairly easily and he may actually get back into those pants.

We're also trying to get rid of our bigger stuff, the garage full of extra dishes, clothes, boxes, nick nacks, furniture, and the more space-consuming junk that is no longer of use to us.

So wish us luck as we get started this weekend on the big purge of all of our junk, the byproducts of our materialistic life that will hopefully lead to a less hoarding lifestyle and make us think before we buy the next "I want" item.

Other than that, getting geared up for the holidays...alone. Logan's leaving in a week and a half and won't be home until the day before Thanksgiving...if we're lucky. Then he gets to be home for about a month until he leaves for his third deployment in four years. Hooah, go Navy, right. So I will be doing all the prepwork for the holidays alone, which is mildly irritating, but, as a good Navy wife, I'm getting used to it.

So wish me luck as we set out on this weekend and get everything done so I can do the last stretch of my undergrad at a breakneck speed and get my butt into a decent law school so I can get on with my life, already!

No comments:

Post a Comment